It’s that time of the year again; Apple’s much talked about keynote has just taken place and brought a range of exciting announcements. Just like every year we can tell your timeline is filled with memes ridiculing the release and features of the latest Apple products. After all, few things are more divisive than the long-running iOS v Android battle.
Anyways, shifting the focus on Apple’s annual flagship event which was held in Cupertino, California this past Tuesday (10th September), here are some highlights from the event.
THE 3 BRAND NEW IPHONES
– The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max, are the successors to iPhone XR, XS and XS Max respectively. Starting prices of $699, $999 and $1099, down from last year’s releases have gone down well with all iPhone fanatics.
– In terms of aesthetics, the new iPhone 11 will be available in 6 colours: purple, white, green, yellow, black, and Product RED. On the other hand, the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max will be available in black, silver, gold and a new alluring matte Midnight Green option.
– 3 new phones and the much maligned, albeit talked-about 3 cameras on the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max.
– Key upgrades on the camera; the telephoto lens and “Deep Fusion” image processing is set to redefine the Camera on this iPhone.
– The battery life has also seen a significant boost and a new 18W fast charger will ensure the phones hardly ever run out of power.
– The A13 Bionic processor sees Apple potentially continue leading the pack on smartphone CPU performance.
APPLE’S ANSWERS TO GOOGLE STADIA & NETFLIX
– Apple announces the launch of Apple Arcade: Apple’s subscription gaming service.
– Arcade sees over 100 exclusive games playable across Apple platforms.
– Apple TV+ is here to battle Netflix.
– Debuting on 1st November with its first shows, which include “The Morning Show,” “See,” “For All Mankind,” and “Snoopy in Space.”, Apple TV+ is set to go live in over 100 countries.
– New Apple Device Purchasers will get a full year of Apple TV+; a smart tactic to pick up a bunch of viewers right off the bat.
THE SEVENTH GEN IPAD & WATCH SERIES 5
– Although it came a bit out of the blue, the iPad is a pleasant surprise.
– A larger 10.2in Retina display and an A10 Fusion chip are notable features.
– The return of Apple Pencil Support rounds off a welcome addition to the product range.
– The brand-new Watch series comes with an always-on display.
– A built-in compass as well as international emergency calling – features Apple Watch has accumulated over time are also present.
– The Watch Series will be in different models: a 100% recycled aluminium model, stainless steel, ceramic white, and new titanium models.
Apple’s announcements have unsurprisingly gained an immense traction and reaction, as it does every year. We can’t wait to see just how much Apple bears fruit with the new and improved products and features.